Sunday, February 14, 2010

Haunted Cell-phones

How many of you face them? I sometimes suspect that my cell-phones are haunted. Or they are all crazy.

When the problems used to happen in earlier stages I used to share them with others, and they used to blow away my words, saying that they can’t happen. Then I started to collect the evidences. Then only they agreed that my cell phones act weirdly.

My second connection was a Vodafone connection. A number which drove me crazy. The mistake might have been my own. I used to keep it in my office desk and leave the seat sometimes. I left that job but the ghost remained in my cell. The phone used to send ghost smses to my friends. Received smses as per its choice. That is half of the smses never reached me. Or the phones never rang. Whereas the friends used to say that the phone rang alright but no one picked it up, or it was giving engaged tone. Where as I have hardly one or two friends, who rarely call, so engaged tone is out of question and what about the missed call record if they called and no one picked it up?

I ultimately stopped using it.

Then I got two airtel connections. One my own and one previously used by my brother. Initially they seemed to do alright. Then weird things started to happen. Now I don’t even bother about them any more. The two things which surprised me most were-

1. I had two handsets at that time, one a Nokia black and white handset the other a Sony high-end phone. I keyed in a number from the nokia handset to the Sony handset and called. I talked with the woman and disconnected. Then when I opened the Sony handset to save the number in the address-book I saw that the number which I have dialed has vanished and in place of that my second number was showing. I even showed it to the shop owner he said it was virus.

2. Second thing has started recently. Every time I send a sms, the delivery report is shown instantly. Attached with the money deducted message. Usually a message takes a few seconds to get delivered, right? Then more added to it. I noted for a few days that after once sending the sms to the desired person it was sending it to a second person free of cost. It was first showing “delivered to M” then after a few seconds “delivered to A”.

It started to wake me up at odd times, playing its own merry tunes. Though it can ring alarm only once a day. And even that was turned off. Yet it used to drag me out of bed at 3 AM singing songs.

How many of you face these weird problems? Of my cell-phones are haunted?

No comments:

Post a Comment