Monday, June 29, 2009

D.S.A. or free trial period for recruitment?

Well, in a country like India, excluding some really lucky handful, we all have to look for jobs, change jobs, and join new jobs. And a huge proportion of us land up in the hand of exploiters.

I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, from very early childhood I knew that if a man has got to live, he is got to eat, and if a man is got to reap, he is got to sow, so I knew that I have to work for survival, and I have faced a few very nasty and unpleasant situations, which I want to share to know if others also share such experiences, and the second reason is you can be a little wary before taking up any new offer blindly.

The first case was with the Direct Selling Agent of a foreign bank, I asked for 3500, I was offered the same, no offer letter or appointment letter was given. I joined, at the time of joining it was said that we will receive a thorough training on tele marketing and for the first three months there will be no target. Well we joined, but there was no training, forget about proper or improper. The target kept on shooting upward weekly, from the very beginning I kept on hearing that the owner is not very good at paying, but he was a sweet talking devil, and I took the face value, his terms and conditions changed once in a week, finally after working for two months he paid me Rs. 1500 as full and final payment.

The thing which I made out was that he most probably traps in rookies and makes them work for almost free, he tests the rookies and then shifts the good ones to some other center of his, but those who are not expert are most probably thrown out without being paid.


After seeing these rackets so closely, I have some really earnest questions,

1. When will the government intercept,

2. When will these organizations be forced to pay their employees enough to keep their body and soul together.

3. When will the rights of entire work force of India be taken care of decently? As the number of people desperate for job is too much, and they don’t have any choice but to take up any offer that comes their way, hence only some one in a strong position, like the law and judiciary can protect the right of these vastly exploited breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment