Monday, June 29, 2009

Financial trap?

Two more experiences are included herewithin, they are quite small, nothing much to say, only the hints are enough, to show how these free ride takers work under a slack government.

The second one was with a call center type organization, say flower deliveries. They used to collect orders from all over the world and make arrangements with the flower/gift deliver organisations for door step deliver. This organization most probably makes people work for free.

They appointed me with a salary of Rs 3500 and the duty hours were really long. I could not even last for a month.The environment was too harsh and unhygienic. That short duration of working was obviously without pay. But there also I saw the same pattern, they appoint bunch of staffs and throw them out without paying, and their behaviour is so harsh that it will take a really shameless person to stick with them or pursue them for payment.

The third one was a narrow escape, I still believe, It was a financial advicer’s office, call it manders, they advice people on stocks to purchase, I joined there as office administrator. For the first 20 or so days they made me sit idle, asking me to find out works to do.. now, that’s the funniest thing I have ever heard in any office. After that, one day one of my colleagues came to me and said that one of my bosses has a weekly target to fulfill, will I fill up one of the forms on my name, I said ok, but I will have to take it home to show.

After I showed it at home I was told that filling up that form meant an amount of Rs 3500 will be deducted from my bank account every month for next five years. Naturally I did not filled up the form, and their behaviour changed dramatically, after 10 or so days they told me right on my face that my performance is too poor, hence I will have to leave, and guess what, they did not paid me my salary.

I think my lucky stars saved me from that vicious trap. If I had signed that in office without showing it at home, I would have been doomed for five years.

Now my question is I am an orphan, so i preferred not to get involved in legal procedures, but could it have been possible that none of their victims have informed police?

No comments:

Post a Comment